How to Build a Great Church
It takes very little planning to wreck a building or a business, but it takes skillful planning and diligent work to build. It’s easy to kill a church, but it takes thought and persistence to build a great church. The great churches of our land did not just happen. They have been built through persistent effort. Here are a few suggestions for building a great church:
- Never allow a day to pass without taking time to pray for your church and it’s purpose in this world.
- Never speak to anyone without praising your Lord and the work of the church. Criticism is often heard louder and more often than praise. See that praise is louder.
- Never fail to be friendly to anyone in all church services, especially newcomers and absentees. Nothing in the world can substitute for old fashioned friendliness.
- Never make attending church less important than social engagements, secular meetings, sporting events, or anything else. There is no greater power for a church than that of members who put God first.
- Never refuse an opportunity to serve. Be willing to serve anywhere you are asked. All service ranks the same with God.
- Attend ever service. The church hurts when you are not here. We miss you and more importantly, God misses you.